Eggs: 3 ways
The humble egg is one of the best breakfast options! Packed full of protein, iron, vitamins, minerals and carotenoids, they are a nutritional powerhouse. The recipes for eggs are endless but I have included my three favourite ways to have eggs.
1. Turmeric scrambled eggs (serves 1)
1 tsp turmeric
Small handful of mint, finely chopped
1 tbsp organic butter
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1/4 leek, thinly sliced
1. Slice up the leek and mushrooms and cook in a pan with the butter and spinach.
2. Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk. Stir in the turmeric and mint.
3. Once the vegetables are cooked through, pour in the eggs and stir continuously until cooked through.
4. Serve with a side of avocado, tomato, sauerkraut or whatever you enjoy eating with eggs.
2. Parmesan Eggs (serves 1)
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 cup spinach
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1. Heat up some organic butter in a pan and cook the eggs sunny side up until the white is almost set. Sprinkle over the Parmesan and cook until it melts. Remove.
2. Combine the eggs on a plate with a side of avocado, spinach and a sprinkle of hemp seeds.
3. Egg and bacon cups (serves 1)
2x rashes nitrate free bacon
Crumbed feta cheese (optional)
Chives, finely sliced
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Grease a muffin tin tray with coconut oil or butter (or use silicone cupcake holders which do not need to be greased).
2. Wrap the bacon around the cupcake holder and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Remove and crack an egg into each holder and sprinkle with feta and chives. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the egg white is cooked through.
4. Serve with a side of avocado, spinach and tomato.